Friday, December 31, 2010

cannot login to admin site with superuser

Hi,

It seems that for some reason I can't login to admin site or my
webpage using the admin user. I even created a new superuser with
manage.py createsuperuser using plain numbers as my password ('123').
So it is not a password issue.

However when I try to django-admin validate I get an import error like
this:

Error: Could not import settings 'myproject.settings' (Is it on
sys.path? Does it have syntax errors?): No module named
myproject.settings

c:\workspace\myproject is on my sys.path. I also did a
sys.path.append() c:\workspace but I still get the same error.

I also tried this:

http://coderseye.com/2007/howto-reset-the-admin-password-in-django.html

but still I can't login.

Admin user cannot login to the myproject web page. Other users can. I
use a postgresql database. I used to have a mysql db but I switched to
postgresql. Don't know if that matters.

I also use django 1.2.1 on windows 7.

Any help would be appreciated. I have tried hard and now I am
completely lost.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment