Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Using gunicorn for deployment, code reloading problem

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to use gunicorn for Django application deployment and
running into issue with code reloading. It looks like using than 2
workers (on my dual core cpu/dev machine) modifications in app code
get noticed, but in incredibly unstable way: I see different version
of code on each page reload.

Now, gunicorn docs do mention a way(1) to reload application by
issuing a kill -HUP command; and while that works perfectly, I would
really like to know why my code reloads with more workers as I'm eager
to use more of those on production server's stronger CPU. Here's the
command I'm testing it with:

./myapp/manage.py run_gunicorn --log-file=/home/dev/Desktop/
gunicorn.log --bind=127.0.0.1:9000 --pid=/home/dev/Desktop/
gunicorn.pid --workers=3

With --workers=2 I'm having absolutely no problems.

Thanks, and happy new year!

[1] http://gunicorn.org/faq.html#contents

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment