Friday, December 31, 2010

Re: DJANGO BOOTCAMP

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 00:17, <delegbede@dudupay.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently started working on a project which is based on django. I've had reasons to work through the documentation several times to get things done.
> However, each time I check the documentation, I find out there is more to learn hence, my thought.
>
> Is there any or can there be a django clinic for beginners or a bootcamp for beginners where people can go through the process of learning django.
>
> With the little I have seen of the so many that is possible, can there not be such arrangement for beginners like me to tap into. Reading the documentation alone may not help as having a guide.

The four part tutorials! I used to get frustrated that they just ended
too. I did them numerous times. In the end, it was starting my own
project and then hanging out in the boot camp known as [mailing
list|irc|docs]. That's it. I'm sure I'm not alone here in not knowing
Django inside out. Build it, and as you need something, look read and
ask. I don't think there's a short cut. The intro tutorials are
excellent for a broad overview and getting started on your own project
though.

cheers
L.

>
> Regards.
> Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
> To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
>
>

--
"... imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an
interesting world I find myself in - an interesting hole I find myself
in - fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me
staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!' This is such
a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up
and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it's still
frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be
alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to
have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by
surprise."
Douglas Adams

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment