Wednesday, December 29, 2010

django and eclipse

I installed the pydev plugin in eclipse.
I configured it.
Imported my django project and it almost works.

Is any one of you using django/eclipse?

Well, all goes well until I start the django development server.
1/ how can I change the default port, it is running on ?
2/ My sqlite db files is regenerated by the runserver (I had never
seen that!) in a different directory (at the project level).
If I symlink the 2 db files, it works as expected.
Any clue?

BTW, I noticed that when creating a django project in eclipse, it ask
for the path to the db files (when using sqlite3)
It is configured to point to the right location, but runserver doesn't get that.
So what is this db file path used for ? (settings.py is created but
not even configured...)

--
Emmanuel Mayssat

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment