Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Re: django and eclipse

For the sqlite.db file issue, I changed the settings.py with:

import os
PROJECT_DIR = os.path.dirname(__file__)
...
DATABASE_ENGINE = 'sqlite3'
DATABASE_NAME = os.path.join(PROJECT_DIR, 'sqlite.db')

that now works as expected.
--
Emmanuel Mayssat

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Emmanuel Mayssat <emayssat@gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed the pydev plugin in eclipse.
> I configured it.
> Imported my django project and it almost works.
>
> Is any one of you using django/eclipse?
>
> Well, all goes well until I start the django development server.
> 1/ how can I change the default port, it is running on ?
> 2/ My sqlite db files is regenerated by the runserver (I had never
> seen  that!) in a different directory (at the project level).
> If I symlink the 2 db files, it works as expected.
> Any clue?
>
> BTW, I noticed that when creating a django project in eclipse, it ask
> for the path to the db files (when using sqlite3)
> It is configured to point to the right location, but runserver doesn't get that.
> So what is this db file path used for ? (settings.py is created but
> not even configured...)
>
> --
> Emmanuel Mayssat
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment