Sunday, January 30, 2011

pyodbc: Error: ('IM002', '[IM002] [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified (0) (SQLDriverConnectW)')

Hello,
I have pyodbc-2.1.8 and python-2.6 on ubuntu-10.4.
I tried to connect to MSSQL2008 database server which is on windows7.
My code is below:
-----------------------
import pyodbc
conn = pyodbc.connect('DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=testserver
\mssql2008;DATABASE=eoffice;UID=erp;PWD=123')
-----------------------
When I run this code, the following error occurs:
Error: ('IM002', '[IM002] [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name
not found, and no default driver specified (0) (SQLDriverConnectW)')

I tested the connection string using System.Data.Odbc library on
c#.net. It was fine.
I have no idea to solve my problem because of so general error
message.

Please share your experience!

regards,
Orgil

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment