Monday, January 31, 2011

Re: flatpages templatetags missing

I had my settings.py exactly like you suggested.

I realized that the template tag loadflatpages is available in the
Trunk, and not available in 1.2.3 or 1.2.4

I was confused because the documentation for 1.2.3 talks about the
load flatpages tag (and there is a disclaimer there that says
"available in development version", which I didn't pay attention to)

On Jan 31, 2:21 am, GSV <svyatoslav.zhurov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
>     'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
>     'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
>     'django.middleware.csrf.CsrfViewMiddleware',
>     'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
>     'django.contrib.messages.middleware.MessageMiddleware',
>     'django.contrib.flatpages.middleware.FlatpageFallbackMiddleware',
> )
>
> INSTALLED_APPS = (
>     'django.contrib.auth',
>     'django.contrib.contenttypes',
>     'django.contrib.sessions',
>     'django.contrib.sites',
>     'django.contrib.messages',
>     # Uncomment the next line to enable the admin:
>     'django.contrib.admin',
>     # Uncomment the next line to enable admin documentation:
>     'django.contrib.admindocs',
>     'django.contrib.flatpages',
> )
>
> TEMPLATE_DIRS = (
>         '/var/www/html/tamada2/templates',
> )
>
> template for flatpages: /var/www/html/tamada2/templates/flatpages/
> default.html
>
> ###
> {% extends "base.xhtml" %}
>
> {% block content %}
> <p class="about-text">{{flatpage.content}}</p>
>
> {% endblock %}
>
> On 31 янв, 08:10, Adi <aditya.rus...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> > I am trying to use flatpages in my app, and i set up the settings.py
> > correct, and I am able to create the flatpages using the admin site.
>
> > However, when in my app I try to load the template tags for flatpages
> > using:
> > {% load flatpages %}
>
> > I get a
> > TemplateSyntaxError
> > Exception Value:
>
> > 'flatpages' is not a valid tag library: Template library flatpages not
> > found, tried
> > django.templatetags.flatpages,django_extensions.templatetags.flatpages,django.contrib.admin.templatetags.flatpages,django.contrib.webdesign.templatetags.flatpages
>
> > I then looked to see the django distribution installed (1.2.3 final)
> > on my computer and noticed that django.contrib.flatpages did not have
> > a templatetags module under that.
>
> > I looked up the code repository for 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 and both don't
> > have the templatetags directory.
>
> > What am I doing wrong ? What is missing ?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment