Monday, January 31, 2011

Re: Some beginners question

On 31 January 2011 15:55, vishy <vishalsodani@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) I want to read files. Where should I put these files? I am not using a
> model to link to the files. And how to discover the path to files? I am
> working on windows, and in development environment I am using the full path
> to the file.

Wherever you want to. A little more to the point - what kind of files
are they? Will they be read-only? Where would be the most appropriate
location?

> 2) I created my own custom classes, but when I import into views.py, I get
> module not found. Why so? My custom classes are inside
> application\myclassfolder.

How are you importing them?

I suspect you're missing the blank __init__.py file required before
Python recognizes a directory as a module.

> thanks
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Django users" group.
> To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment