Friday, July 29, 2011

Implementing one app for multiple users with their own data.

Hi,

I've a web app which works nicely on a per user or per company basis.
However I've gotten to the point where I want to run multiple
companies through the same app(not have to redeploy for each client).
However each client needs their own data and shouldn't be able to see
other clients data. A DB per client is probably best but I'm not sure
how I go about implementing this.

In theory I'd like each client to be able to:
-All log in at the same url.
-Each have their own DB and own admin user etc.
-All be running through the same web app.

Do I need something like a master DB which will hold company details
and a DB per company so their data will be stored there?
How would I make sure that for every action in all the apps of my
project that is writes to the correct db for that client?


Any suggestions or help to push me in the right direction is
appreciated.
Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment