Friday, July 29, 2011

Re: Implementing one app for multiple users with their own data.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 11:14 AM, mongoose <darrenma1986@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a web app which works nicely on a per user or per company basis.
> However I've gotten to the point where I want to run multiple
> companies through the same app(not have to redeploy for each client).
> However each client needs their own data and shouldn't be able to see
> other clients data. A DB per client is probably best but I'm not sure
> how I go about implementing this.
>
> In theory I'd like each client to be able to:
> -All log in at the same url.
> -Each have their own DB and own admin user etc.
> -All be running through the same web app.
>
> Do I need something like a master DB which will hold company details
> and a DB per company so their data will be stored there?
> How would I make sure that for every action in all the apps of my
> project that is writes to the correct db for that client?
>
>
> Any suggestions or help to push me in the right direction is
> appreciated.
> Thanks.
>

Google for "django multi tenancy". Should get you some idea of where to go next.

Cheers

Tom

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment